Who we are
Perrett Laver is an Executive Search Firm, our mission is to serve sectors that benefit society by finding the strongest leaders to take on tomorrow’s challenges. We are a values-led, global company with a diverse team of around 120 employees. Our team is made up of committed colleagues coming from different countries and backgrounds who work across our 15 global offices. We have practices in the Not-for-Profit and Social Impact sectors, Higher Education, Schools, Sports, and the Arts and Culture.
Perrett Laver has been active in North America since 2013 and has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York. Our remote team spread across the continent leads dozens of leadership and administrative searches for positions in the Higher Education, Not-for-Profit and Social Impact sectors. Our clients include organizations such as the Bezos Earth Fund, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, and Pierre Trudeau Foundation.
Perrett Laver North America is now seeking a Client Account Manager (which internally we call a Project Manager) to support our work in Canada and the US. The Project Management Team is responsible for managing and supporting clients, candidates, and colleagues throughout the executive search process. In addition, the Team manages office operations, event planning, and administration. We strive to uphold the highest quality of care and delivery in everything we do.
As a Project Manager for the North American region, you will oversee Perrett Laver’s internal delivery team and act as the main point of contact with clients and candidates on all process and administrative related items. The role requires a person who is detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills. The successful candidate will be a proactive problem solver, an effective communicator, and will remain professional and solution focused when under pressure.
- Work closely with colleagues across various time zones to drive search processes and business development activity forward;
- Communicate with clients, candidates, and colleagues in a clear, professional, and timely manner;
- Take ownership of, and responsibility for, client and candidate relationship management, from a process perspective
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 30 overlapping projects annually (project length varies from three months to one year
- Create and manage project timetables according to clients’ and Perrett Laver’s needs/restrictions;
- Organize meetings with clients and collect, collate and disseminate relevant materials internally and externally;
- Advise on and manage the creation, proof-reading, production and approval of advertising campaigns and project-related materials;
- Organize paperwork timetables, and produce and send out high-quality soft copy versions of client paperwork and hard copy when required;
- Manage the final interview process of projects for clients – including informing successful candidates, arranging meetings/interviews and the related schedules and logistics, references and psychometric assessments desired by the client;
- Partner closely with the Finance and Operations team to track and send client invoices.
- Support the Consultant(s) in the preparation/sending of business development documents and arrangements for related meetings;
- Research possible business development opportunities across our sectors in the region.
- Manage regional purchasing, project costs, invoicing, expenses, and credit card reconciliation;
- Lead organizing North American office events, both with external partners and internal colleagues.
- Contribute to team spirit and work ethic, ensuring a high quality of Project Management Team output, including covering ad hoc duties;
- The ability and willingness to be flexible and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when appropriate is essential.
- 4+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced environment required;
- Education to at least undergraduate level is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to confidently liaise with senior leaders;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and video conference applications
- A strong appreciation and understanding of the importance of punctuality, discretion, and integrity;
- A willingness to learn and accept responsibility;
- Strong internal and external customer service ethos;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Organizational abilities of the highest level and outstanding attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively;
- Strong problem solving skills with a solution focused mindset;
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude, and a team player;
- Demonstrable interest in the sectors that Perrett Laver serves.