Primary Practice Group:
Higher Education and Research
Salary & Benefits:
Commensurate with Experience
Deakin Business School is in the top 1% of business schools globally, holding both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations. These prestigious accreditations are awarded to business schools that meet strict standards of quality, academic and professional excellence, and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing improvement and innovation in their courses, ensuring our graduates are employable worldwide.
Commitment to Sustainability
As a ‘Champion’ of the Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) and an associate member of the globally responsible leadership initiative, Deakin Business School is committed to demonstrating responsible leadership and alignment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Deakin Business School has embedded SDGs in its teaching, learning and research and community engagement.
About the opportunity
- Further your career
- Competitive remuneration + 17% superannuation
- Flexible blended working arrangements
- Generous personal and parental leave
- Research support
- Join colleagues with expertise in various areas in applied economics, economic theory, and econometrics and bring in unique expertise to complement the existing research strengths of the team.
- Help shape the careers of the future workforce
- Be a role model for others who want to pursue a career in academia
As a Professor your responsibilities will include:
- Lead high-quality research and scholarship activities generating high impact outputs
- Develop and lead major academic or other collaborations that enable novel research activities recognised internationally
- Lead the integration of industry and research practice to inform unit / course design and teaching practices across discipline at interfaculty and/or University level which is recognised nationally
- Provide effective mentoring to junior staff and PhD students
- Lead teaching teams to develop courses and materials and innovation in curriculum design which influence teaching for the discipline in peer institutions or nationally, or across multiple disciplines
- Lead the development and contribute to the implementation of the university’s strategic agenda as a discipline leader or informal leadership and contributory roles across the University to deliver core outcomes
- Design new strategy, policy and/or frameworks which support more accessible and inclusive learning environments influencing peer institutions
- Work harmoniously with the Department and Faculty leadership on day-to-day matters and to enhance the national and international standing of the organisation.
Key selection criteria include:
- PhD in Economics
- Demonstrated success as an eminent authority at the national and international level in research and scholarship through publications in high quality journals
- Sustained success in obtaining competitive external research grants
- Evidence of original, innovative, and distinguished contribution to scholarship and teaching, research and research supervision
- Extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours, masters and/or doctoral levels.
- Excellence in engagement with research, community, industry and government to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline
- Evidence of successful leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, peers, and leadership and a strong commitment to contribute to harmonious culture in the Department and the Faculty.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
For further information or a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact Sanha Lee on +61 3 9221 6220 or via email Sanha.Lee@perrettlaver.com. To submit your application please visit the Perrett Laver website at https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting reference 6244.
Applications close Friday 8th December 2023