Managing Director, North America
The Freedom Fund
New YorkApply Now
Role Managed by:
Primary Practice Group: Global Non-Profit Practice
Salary & Benefits: $170,000
Closing Date: 13/12/2017
Formal Interview Date: February 28th and March 1st
The Freedom Fund (3324) – Appointment of Managing Director, North America (NY)
The Freedom Fund is a leader in the global movement to end modern slavery. We identify and invest in the most effective frontline efforts to eradicate modern slavery in the countries and sectors where it is most prevalent. Partnering with visionary investors, governments, anti-slavery organizations and those at risk of exploitation, we tackle the systems that allow slavery to persist and thrive. Working together, we protect vulnerable populations, liberate and reintegrate those enslaved and prosecute those responsible.
The Freedom Fund has programs in northern India, southern India, Ethiopia, Thailand, south-eastern Nepal and central Nepal. We currently support and fund approximately 100 organizations in these regions, the vast majority of which are frontline, community-based NGOs. We also work to influence global policy by commissioning and sharing research and amplifying the voices of our partners.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will represent the Freedom Fund in the U.S. and Canada. S/he will lead our engagement with anti-slavery organizations, donors, corporates, policymakers and other relevant actors in these countries. S/he will lead our fundraising efforts in North America and will hold responsibility for ambitious fundraising targets in the region. A key responsibility will be to ensure the Freedom Fund is an active participant in important anti-slavery discussions. The successful candidate will communicate effectively the organization’s work and impact to the media and other influencers.
• Strong commitment to the Freedom Fund’s vision, mission, values and goals, with a passion for human rights issues.
• Ability to clearly and powerfully articulate and communicate the Fund’s mission and work.
• Proven fundraising expertise, with enthusiasm for the Fund’s mission to raise significant funding for its anti-slavery work and an ability to implement it.
• Senior NGO, government or corporate management experience.
• At least 10 years development or international policy experience, with significant anti-slavery experience highly desirable.
• Business-oriented with a market-based, metrics-driven approach to funding and organizational management.
• Ability to lead and manage organizational change.
HOW TO APPLY
Only fully completed applications will be presented to the Freedom Fund. Completed applications comprise both a cover letter and CV/resume. The cover letter should describe your personal motivation, interest, as well as how you feel suitable for the role at this time in your career. Salary history may be required. Completed applications should be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference number 3324 or sent to Daniel Flynn directly at Daniel.Flynn@perrettlaver.com.
The deadline for applications will be December 13th.